Job Title: Technical Specialist- Service Dispatch and Parts Support
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The Technical Specialist supporting Service Dispatch and Parts in Customer Service is responsible for coordinating all Service and PM activities for Customer Service Group by taking Service request from the customer while supporting the Technical Service Hotline, creating Technical Service Logs and Field Service Reports, updating Workforce Manager, and coordinating the schedule for the Service Engineer and customer.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for coordinating the ordering and shipping of any parts required for the Service requests.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for providing Return Authorizations for unused and warranty part returns and tracking them to their final destination. This position helps to assure the company/customer Service activities are properly documented and tracked.
This position will also be involved with department collection activities as it relates to Service work. Requires reporting to work on a regularly scheduled basis, reporting directly to the Supervisor(s), and/or Manager(s) of Customer Resource Center – Service group.
This position will also require performing spot service calls on an as needed basis.
· Work with customer to determine Service needs and related schedules
· Work with group supervisors and management to schedule manpower as required
· Schedule resources and materials to perform Service work
· Make sure crash kits, tools, and equipment are returned to FRNA in a timely manner
· Maintain crash kits, tools, and equipment for peak performance and longevity
· Ability to write Service quotes
· Ability to perform spot service as required
· Safe operation of products and product systems
· Coordinate responsibilities, activities and schedules with Manager(s) and/or Supervisors(s) of
Service to insure complete customer satisfaction, proper billing, and retrieval of POs from customers
Communicate frequently with past and future customers, and employees, to insure
customer expectations are met
· Provide telephone based troubleshooting support to customers and/or customer
employees to resolve, Robodrill, or related peripheral equipment operational problems
· Provide updates to Service Management, Sales, and Engineering to keep employees
“in-the-loop” on a near real time basis as it relates to issues, problems, and resolution of same
· Excellent phone conversation and caller management skills.
· Well developed business, and technical, writing skills.
· Well developed business, and technical, communication skills.
· Courteous, helpful and professional demeanor.
· Manages many tasks simultaneously, well organized.
· Handles potentially frustrating situations with customers positively.
· Efficient at using computerized business systems, PC based, including MS-Office, etc.
· Works effectively and cooperates with other employees or representatives.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related
· PLC literate a plus
· Prior exposure to RJ/RJ2/RJ3/RJ3iB/R30iA/R30iB controller platforms
· Able to work at customer sites with little direct supervision
· BS/BA is a plus.
· High school diploma or Certificate
· Electrical Technician Diploma or Licensed Electrician
· 2-4 years Automation Integration/Installation experience
· Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic troubleshooting, teardown, and repair experience
3. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY
· Must be able to accept physical and mental strain related to travel activities
· Must be able to work within potentially harsh industrial environments within the guidelines set forth by various OSHA laws
· Must be able to perform work on equipment mounted in often hard to access locations within an
· Must be able to perform intricate repairs on mechanical and electrical devices
· Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs
4. VISUAL ACUITY, HEARING, SPEAKING
· Clear speaking voice and word annunciation, vision/hearing adequate to accurately collect, enter
and verify order data.
· Must be able to perform essential functions in sometimes poorly lit or cramped areas
· Must be able to drive a vehicle on public roadways
5. ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
· Minimal travel required (20%-60%)
· Must comply with OSHA laws as well as company safety guidelines for employees and
other related employment practices and policies
· Must be able to work in a stressful and demanding environment with high work schedule loads
· Must be able to work at customer sites for extended periods of time
· Must be able to cope with demanding travel itineraries
· Must be able to cope with shift changes (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
· Must be willing to work overtime on an often unscheduled basis
· Must be willing to carry a “pager” and respond within 15 minutes of page
CORE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
The following training is required to enable job holders to perform the essential function of the
1. Employee Orientation
2. Electronic Mail and PC Skills
3. Safety Training
4. BaaN Business Operating Systems Training (Warranty, Service Orders, A/R)
5. New Hire Quality/ESP Training
6. Safety Lockout/Tagout training
7. Robot mechanical, electrical, and programming training
8. TSL/FSR Training