Our client is a leading swine genetics supplier based in the Midwest US. Being producer-owned, they have a deep appreciation of the needs of pork producers and seek to provide genetic improvement that addresses the challenges and long-term needs of their customers. This includes an unrelenting focus on the disciplines required to produce predictable genetic gain and the willingness to invest in and adopt new technologies that help meet the needs of their customers.
Our client understands pork production from the inside, and they face same challenges producers and their customers face every day. This unique lens means they do not have to worry about quarterly profits and shareholder returns and can make long term investments. Genetics is a long-term business. They stay connected with customers to ensure their genetics are best suited to meet the growing demands of the North American markets. Additionally, they collaborate with external advisory teams to gain input and insight from some of the sharpest minds in the business. They view their customers as partners and work to make sure they have the best genetics. They truly work to provide superior value to their customers through high-quality and low-cost genetics designed to meet customers’ needs better than all alternatives. They do what is right, do the best they can, and treat others the way they want to be treated.
Our client credits their success to their dedicated team members who believe in treating people and pigs with respect. They are committed to developing these great people and providing a broad array of career opportunities for them. Truly caring about their people, this philosophy has given our client the best people, the best pig, and the best genetic option for the swine industry.
They currently seek a Technical Service/Sales Representative to help maintain their current customer needs and continue their growth throughout Canada. This position will be based out of Manitoba, and will support customers by travelling primarily in Manitoba, but also in Ontario, and Quebec.
What you will do:
- Closely monitor the production of current accounts and help identify opportunities to improve performance through best practices and new technology
- Follow a customer-focused sales process designed to build rapport, gain trust, identify and understand customer needs, and create value for current and prospective customers
- Identify and approach key target accounts within the territory and determine ways to meet their needs using our genetics
- Maintain detailed files of customer and prospect information using a database program
- Help establish gilt multiplication with qualified multiplier partners to meet the demand of customers
- Build relationships and demonstrate the value of proprietary genetics to various influencers throughout the industry including veterinarians, feed suppliers, management companies, consultants, and packers
- Represent the company and engage the participants of various industry conferences and association events
- Communicate and help solve customer issues with the appropriate team members to help ensure world-class product quality and performance
Who you are:
- A self-starter
- Have a “can-do” attitude with problem-solving abilities
- Have the demonstrated ability to initiate contacts and create relationships and relate to swine producers
- Communicate clearly and professionally with a variety of audiences
- Have a high degree of personal and professional ethics, integrity and sincerity, and a desire to help customers succeed in their businesses
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Agribusiness, Animal Science, or related field
- Strong swine production skills and experience are required
- Able to travel overnight travel as required throughout MB, ON and QC
This position is immediately available and is a unique opportunity to join an industry market leader with a laser focus on customer satisfaction and field-proven, producer-designed programs created for real world results. Our client anticipates that the position will be focused approximately 70% on technical service and support, and 30% on sales.
Our client offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus opportunity, benefits, vehicle, RSP, business tools and more.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity on which you personally might like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! email@example.com
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. As we are not licensed to assist with immigration, if you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we cannot consider your job application. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter! www.facebook.com/GRSRecruiters https://www.linkedin.com/company/grasslands-group @GRS_RecruitersClick here to apply online