Technical Services Manager- Dairy
Location: Montreal, QC - Home Based
Our client is seeking a Technical Services Manager – Dairy based out of Quebec.
The successful candidate will be in charge of and responsible for providing technical sales support to assigned current and potential customers in order to demonstrate company product effectiveness and to establish long-term relationships with customers. This position will be primarily focused in the dairy industry, maintaining a role of scientific expert that is viewed as a source of reliable information by the industry.Key Responsibilities:
- Represent company in a professional and knowledgeable manner that provides assurance to customers.
- Work closely with Account Managers and Product Managers in identifying opportunities, establishing goals and strategies, and implementing actions to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the customer product evaluation process, including identifying evaluation criteria, designing protocols, initiating tests with customers, coordinating testing parameters, and reporting findings to customers in a confidential, standard format.
- Interface with the R&D department to identify and develop those products that best fit customer needs and company goals.
- Provide the technical input in the identification of customer opportunities and resolving customer/product technical problems.
- Ph.D. in Nutrition, or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), with emphasis in dairy nutrition and management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the animal agriculture/animal health industry.
- Strong understanding of the dairy and commercial feed industry. Knowledge of feed formulation, feed additives and ingredients used by the industry.
- Previous experience in a technical service role introducing new products and concepts to targeted customer and/or markets in conjunction with sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated success in working with a sales team and obtaining product sales through effective use of technical services.
- Experienced in marketing concepts and applications and have demonstrated experience in implementation of technical service market plans.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time, with some international travel (US) to headquarters
To apply, please submit your resume or contact Rob to discuss.
Thanks and have a great day.