Reporting to the Vice President of Cement Operations and a strong dotted line to the Vice President of Sales and Market, our client company is seeking a qualified Cement Technical Services Engineer.
- Provide technical and engineering support to customers, sales representatives, contractors, and architects
- Provide support and assistance to the Sales & Marketing department in the investigation into and resolution of customer complaints and the development of new or improved products to assist in aligning products/quality with market needs.
- Key liaison with Company-Trading Group on developing new import products specifically addressing quality control and cement performance standards and receiving approvals of Governmental Agencies, (DOT). Maintain all required reporting records.
- Work in coordination with Company on product quality initiatives. Participate in the Quality Expert Group for Heidelberg and partner with Global Company on Quality initiatives.
- Actively participates in projects related to cement production and cement plant QC, raw materials, intermediate products, alternative materials, fuels, and additives - including plan of action development, execution, and report generation. Focus areas will be new technology and plant optimization.
- Assist the sales team in managing existing accounts and develop new customers.
- Support customers in the development and optimization of mix designs working with the Permanente Concrete Laboratory
- Ownership of the competitive cement testing activities. Report results of competitive cement testing program to all stakeholders.
- Actively participate in industry trade associations and events, promoting the advancement of cement and cement end use products.
- Create and deliver effective presentations to industry stakeholders, including government officials, consulting engineers and contractors.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedure
- Provide quality support to the cement plants in the production of new products.
- Assist plants in evaluating and utilize substitute materials in the manufacturing process; evaluate and work towards reduction of clinker factors (clinker incorporation) through the use of alternative materials, and participate in the certification of new and existing products with the various DOT organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience in the construction, paving, or cement industries strongly preferred with 10 years or more experience
- General knowledge of concrete products and design knowledge of all cement-based products.
- Knowledge of cement products industry and markets, as well as, competing product lines.
- Demonstrated experience in customer relations.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office products.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Must have and maintain a Driver’s License valid in the state(s) of the assigned facilities
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior experience in a cement sales, cement plant operations or quality control capacity is strongly preferred.