Location: Mountain West USA
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE – FARM EQUIPMENT
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is recruiting a hands-on, self-motivated Technical Service Representative for the Mountain West Region US to join the Customer Service Team of a dynamic organization. Do you have the confidence and experience to support dealers/customers for all company products - on-site or by phone? Can you supply scheduled on-site training for dealers/customers? If so, read on.
This Technical Service Rep position earns a competitive salary of $85,000+/-, Health and Dental benefits, 401K Savings account, vehicle allowance or company supplied vehicle. If this sounds like the right agricultural customer service rep opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT GRASSLANDS RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS
At GRS, we have been connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. Our focus is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers. With over 85 years of combined experience in the industry, we provide specialized recruiting services for our clients. Our team is strategically placed throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the needs of national and international agribusiness employers. As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client manufactures agricultural and industrial equipment – distributing their products through dealers, balancing practicality, and intelligent design with engineered toughness. This company’s mandate is to meet or exceed the demands of their most difficult customer. In doing so, they know that staff will support all customers well.
Not wanting to just manufacture equipment, our client is constantly seeking opportunities to increase the benefits to their end-users. While their focus is on quality and reliability, their focus is on their people. They show this by giving responsibility and decision-making freedoms to all team members. They are not a command and control-structured workplace. Each team member is given responsibilities for their roles and the freedom to make decisions they feel are best to create the results needed. In essence, each team member is an individual entrepreneur within the larger organization. Team engagement is high because they have ownership of their areas of responsibility!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
You will support end-users (dealers and customers) with questions about the equipment bought for intensive material handling and livestock operations - like dairies, feedlots and broad acre farms. The focus of this role is to ensure complete purchase satisfaction related to warranty, parts, service administration/support, and training. It also includes public relations, demos, and trade show work.
This full-time, remote position travels frequently throughout the region.
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY?
Ideal candidates will have:
- Mechanical aptitude including powertrains and hydraulics - supported by a degree or diploma in an agricultural/mechanical field (e.g., agricultural equipment technician)
- 3+ years experience in customer service, technical support, or related problem-solving role
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to operate, agricultural equipment
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in an organized way
- Demonstrated ability to analytically solve problems, balancing practical experience with creativity
- Ability to thrive in an environment that supports independence and autonomy in actions and decision-making
- Welding and fabrication skills are an asset
- An understanding of the ruminant livestock industry would be an asset
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?