Technical Service Manager
Technical Representative for the South. Deals with engineering, technical or scientific issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical training for contractors through onsite and in house educational programs.
- Provide onsite technical support for established contractors and end users.
- Trouble shoot complications related to product installation
- Team leader working on projects related to:
- Failure Analysis
- Product Failure Analysis
- Benchmarking Competitive Products
- R&D Projects
- Aid in the proper specification of products
- Determine Best Practice Surface Preparation Methods
- Determine Best Practice Application procedures
- Work as a key support member on R&D projects
- Assist RSM and TL/RM by providing technical sales support
- Make presentations to contractors demonstrating new and existing products
- Provide field intelligence on new product opportunities, services and market potentials.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- Travel requirements greater than 60% of time.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. You may be requested to use your personal vehicle to carry out responsibilities and duties of this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
4-Year college degree; science, engineering or technical preferred but not required. Minimum 5 years in technical support / coating application with a minimum of 2 years in resinous product application experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Leadership experience is essential.