The Technical Service Engineer will join a team that is committed to providing outstanding service to their customers and contribute to the overall success of the Company.
Reports to the VP of Technology. Preferred either 100% on-site or hybrid on-site/remote (100% remote options may be available depending on location). Expected travel will be up to 75%, pandemic situation permitting (WI, IL, MN, SD).
- Provide on-site technical assistance to Companies customers
- Make regular “well” visits
- Troubleshoot issues with and optimize performance of existing products on customer equipment
- Support customer trials to commercialize new products
- Review non-conforming product and provide feedback to plant Quality
- Document process conditions
- Benchmark historical settings aiding in future issue resolution
- Optimize machines between different structures if needed
- Perform packaging machine and process audits upon request
- Evaluate equipment / identify maintenance concerns
- Identify bottlenecks affecting throughput and waste
- Foster relationships at multiple levels of customer organizations
- Establish packaging machinery vendor relationships and leverage as required
- Proactively monitor packaging machinery industry and stay abreast of latest developments
- Interact with Sales, Customer Service, Quality, Manufacturing and Product Development as needed
The right candidate will have good interpersonal skills and have previous experience in either flexible packaging customer technical service or the flexible packaging machinery industry, other relevant experience in the packaging industry or the mechanical aptitude to learn flexible packaging machinery via internal training.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary and a competitive benefits package.