Demonstrate your sales expertise in this exciting key position with a growing market leader!
Our client is a leading distributor of specialty ingredients in the North American animal nutrition industry, supplying their customers with high-quality nutritional additives and ingredients for livestock and pet diets. For 5 decades they have used their technical expertise to help their customers create and deliver high performance nutritional solutions across Canada and the US. They specialize in the global sourcing and supply of value-added products and create additional value for their customers through offering unique and creative solutions- all while delivering fantastic customer experiences.
Our client is growing. They seek to add a Western Technical/Commercial Sales Representative to their Canadian team, who will be responsible for growth of the assigned sales territory through new client relationships and current account expansion. The Technical/Commercial Sales Representative’s focus is on feed additives and nutritional health solutions, as well as feed ingredients, specialty pet ingredients, and other agricultural products. With an in-depth understanding of company products, industry trends and the competitive marketplace, the Technical/Commercial Sales Representative will be tasked with identifying and providing innovative solutions to customers’ animal nutrition needs.
What you will do- Reporting to the Canadian Sales Manager, you will:
- Manage all accounts and increase growth of the assigned territory by expanding product sales with existing customers, prospecting new customers, and adding new business to the portfolio while utilizing CRM to track sales activity
- Utilize technical expertise and industry knowledge to demonstrate value as part of the selling process, and to provide innovative solutions to customers’ animal nutrition needs
- Become an expert in end-product industry through research and networking
- Collaborate with dairy, poultry, and swine commercial teams/nutritionists to develop and enhance sales strategies, products, and programs to maximize profit by up-selling technical products and cross-selling of existing portfolio or identify product sourcing opportunities
What you offer- To be successful in this position, your career profile demonstrates:
- Proven ability to convert prospects to new business, by using technical expertise to foster collaboration and drive win-win outcomes for customers and suppliers
- Five to ten years of Canadian animal nutrition industry sales experience including demonstrated use of CRM and documentation of sales activity, with existing relationships with key leaders in the Western Canada market
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical understanding and application of ruminant and monogastric nutrition is needed.
- Strong teamwork orientation, and excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to work remotely with willingness to travel throughout Western Canada
Our client offers competitive compensation in addition to a positive and collaborative corporate culture. They believe in developing people as well as growing the business, and they make this philosophy a priority. Full details will be shared with applicants who demonstrate the required experience.
To apply for this position please click on 'APPLY' and follow the self-serve application process or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Questions may be addressed to Mike at 1-866-519-2793.Grasslands Recruitment Specialists – Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996
Click here to apply online