Our client, located in the Atlanta area, has an opening for an experienced Technical Sales Manager with experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
This position is responsible for sales activities in assigned market segment. Generate customer proposals, written clarifications and attend customer meetings. Manage handover of awarded contracts to the execution team. Subject matter expert of assigned market segment and applicable company products and services.
- Screen inquiries and prepare an appropriate response
- Prepare for and conduct bid/no bid and proposal approval meetings.
- Manage capture strategy, generate responsive proposals and follow-up with customers to ensure success
- Report status of sales opportunities in assigned market segment
- Provide sales forecasts for strategic planning input in assigned market segment
- Travel as needed for customer technical and/or commercial meetings, contract negotiations and trade shows
- Draft business agreements and sales contracts with domestic and international customers and collaboration arrangements with partners
- Develop, manage, and continually improve proposal process that respond to customer requirements and adheres to company standards and requirements
- Establish and maintain proposal standards for response to customer inquiries and RFQs
- Prepare and conduct training as required for distributors, packagers and business development personnel
- Provide technical support as needed to business development personnel during opportunity development and trade shows
- Identify and develop qualified suppliers for power generation, mechanical drive and marine packages/systems
- Required travel domestic or international: 25%
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years’ experience in application engineering or sales of packaged gas turbine or reciprocating engine driven equipment in power generation or oil & gas applications in the 1 to 25 MW range
- Technical understanding of gas turbine products, applications and related plant equipment
- This person has a thorough knowledge of gas turbines in Power Generation, Combined Heat and Power and Mechanical Drive applications.
- This person has the ability to communicate key technical, commercial and contractual issues both internal and with the customer to enable quick resolution of issues which arise during project screenings, proposals, negotiations and transfer to the execution team.
- Understanding of commercial and legal contracts
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12 years’ combined experience in application engineering and sales of packaged gas turbine or reciprocating engine driven equipment in power generation or oil & gas applications in the 1 to 25 MW range
- Knowledge and experience in consultative and/or strategic selling concepts
Click here to apply online