Athlon Solutions has an immeditate opening for a Technical Representative I in the Beaumont, Texas area. The Technical Representative I is responsible for providing technical assistance and service at assigned territory accounts to enhance the productivity of the Athlon Solutions team and maintain customer satisfaction while continuing to build sales and technical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act safely in all aspects of the job, including the operation and maintenance of the company provided vehicle and compliance with all Athlon Solutions and customer site specific safety policies.
- Provide and document onsite service to assigned accounts
- Evaluate customer laboratory results, chemical feed rates, product inventory and test reagent inventories.
- Diagnose, repair or adjust chemical feed equipment and be able to provide basic training to customers in these techniques.
- Good Interpersonal skills with colleagues, customers, and management
- Adjust chemical dosages and recommend customer operational changes when necessary.
- Maintain close contact with territory management regarding account activity, customer needs, pricing concerns, competitor activity and product efficacy.
- Upon attaining the required level of technical competency and sales skills, assume both the sales and service responsibilities within the assigned territory, including the documentation of value provided to the customer and development and execution of sales plans.
- Contribute to the territory’s team development by mentoring field representatives.
- Complete required Athlon Solutions training and documentation on time
- Developing a good working understanding of the Athlon Solutions product line
- Initial exposure to Athlon Solution sales culture, i.e. ability to identify customer needs and possible solutions
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Chemistry, Biological Sciences or related field). Will accept equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency with MS Office products preferred