endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
This is a remote position.
An experienced, professional commercial manager with a passion for adding value and increasing growth by identifying new commercial opportunities and helping shape marketing efforts. Ideal candidate will be committed to maintaining a constant awareness of trends and market conditions, in order to provide strategic advice to upper management. This role requires someone who is a creative, strategic thinker with excellent organizational abilities. Ready to promote and expand company’s commercial activities and generate revenues in a way that leads to sustainable growth and satisfied clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies, meeting company goals and objectives
- Focus on strategies to accelerate growth
- Working knowledge of how to conduct market research and analysis including the creation of detailed business plans
- Extensive understanding of business growth models and the ability to foresee commercial opportunities
- Develop plans for expansion and business development
- Manage the development, maintenance and utilization of price tools and the price authorization processes for the assigned product line.
- Lead the development and implementation of sales and price analytics tools and processes for the assigned product line, while providing ad hoc analysis when required.
- Evaluate market trends and results and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- Maintain and implement product training, support programs and sales tools for the selling organization and channel as they apply to the product line, working with product management.
- Drive promotional activity through MARCOMM to sales and channel to meet overall objectives.
- Responsible for MARCOMM to review and evaluate current programs, current and future trade show events and other brand and advertising opportunities.
- Provide sales and channel with sales catalogue data, sales aids, and pricing tools.
- Work collaboratively with the product management in China and the factory to ensure the needs of the North American marketplace are met for both delivery and design requirements.
- Understand competitors' strengths and weaknesses and work with the product line manager to develop marketing plans that will increase company’s market share.
- Develop product specifications for the continued advancement of the product line.
- Work on the development of channel and develop programs to simulate growth.
- Understand existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure they are being met
- Willingness to take strategic risks, acting to acquire new customers and manage client relationships
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.)
- Excellent relational skills, working tirelessly to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of metrics to monitor the performance of commercial activities, reporting results to senior management
- Strategic development and critical thinking skills needed to assist in setting financial targets, developing budgets, and monitoring compliance
- Successful work experience as business program manager, product manager, commercial manager, or another relevant role in the electrical industry
- Proven success in sales and/or marketing, program, or product management as well as evidence of the ability to manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Four-year technical degree, BS/BA in engineering, business administration, Marketing, or similar field minimum
- Minimum 4 years of electrical industry technical sales and/or marketing experience is required
- Previous marketing experience in the form of a product manager, product engineer or product specialist, electrical control products and assemblies
- Course facilitation experience
- Creation of technical training material
- Master’s in Business Administration, MBA
- Strong technical product aptitude in electrical control systems and power distribution systems
- Strong business acumen
- Professional presence
- Candidates with strong experience willing to discuss remote work with occasional travel to Pomona.
- Will have at least one direct report with possibility to grow their organization
Mostly office-based work but some travel out-of-town to attend required training, company, and industry events, at branch locations, marketing venues or customer PV sites (estimate less than 20% travel)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.