TECHNICAL APPLICATION SPECIALIST (2)- Multiomics
Senior field-based role supporting Sales and Marketing. Remote- based near any airport.
This person serves as a team subject matter expert on two axes: 1) all Company technology, products & applications, and 2) assigned disease groups/indications. In this capacity, the TAL team supports all pre-sales activities as needed, in partnership with field and inside sales colleagues. The TAL team will also periodically be tasked with creating technical content for both customer-facing and internal training needs.
The successful TAL will especially excel at building and supporting a network of KOL advisors/customers, and brings a strategic sales focus to broader, multi-territory sales opportunities (consortia, multi-site clinical trial programs, funding organizations, etc.), and may act as the primary sales lead on larger and/or strategic opportunities. Additionally, the TAL will speak publicly at trade shows and scientific conferences, lead regional or national seminars and webinars, as well as internal sales trainings, all on an as-needed basis. Central to all of the above, the TAL team will play a central role in collecting VOC, market feedback, and competitive intel to be regularly circulated with the sales and marketing leadership.
- Proven oral and written communication skills including technical presentations in front of both small and large groups, including both in-person and virtual presentation formats.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (genetics, cell/molecular biology, etc.) or equivalency in practical industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience across one or more relevant areas, including NGS applications, solid/heme oncology research, immunology, or cellular & molecular genetics. This may be combined across lab, industry, or educational experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of field sales, application specialist/support experience, or marketing in genomics or oncology-related field
- Experience working in a molecular biology wet lab.
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company.
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven.
- Experience using a CRM system (SFDC preferred).
- Ph.D in a relevant field of study.
- Preferred 10 years of experience in field sales, application specialist/support, or marketing in genomics or oncology-related field.
- Experience selling and negotiating in the biotechnology field with a track record of success and in roles of increasing responsibility is plus. Large deal negotiation experience also a plus.
- Prior experience supporting any aspect of the precision medicine & translational research, or clinical diagnostic markets
- Intimate understanding of cancer genetics research & biomarker discovery, especially in hematological malignancies
- Deep knowledge of NGS applications, including translational and clinical oncology research applications
- Experience selling clinical research solutions across the clinical trial paradigm
- Single cell genomics experience of any kind
Up to 60% overnight travel.