Reporting to the Head of Aftersales of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Technical Advisor – Transport will provide technical support for the transport division at company, customers, as well as collaborate with teammates on upcoming projects. Responsible for assisting the spare parts department in helping identify parts as well as assist in special projects, service contracts, and service sales. Will interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Sets a positive example in professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulation. Additional responsibilities include: Support customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, and requests related to service, spare parts, or the equipment. Read and interpret operating manuals, technical drawings, COG drawings, and transport drawings. Analyze problems and propose/ implement detailed technical solutions. Obtain working knowledge of equipment to provide solutions to customer needs. Taking direct lead over various projects aspects. Support special projects as directed. Analyze customer needs for new equipment and options and support sales as needed. Function as field technical liaison for critical lifts-included risk management functions and safety evaluations of projects. Support service department when short staff to go on occasional service jobs. Operate and inspect heavy equipment to diagnose defects. Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul heavy haul transport equipment such as PST modular trailers, heavy haul highway trailers and accessories. Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges. Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Promote a safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures. Successfully complete factory authorized training. Properly fill out working reports, hour’s reports, timesheets, hour’s overview, and expense reports. Maintains company tools, machines, and equipment. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Experience in the heavy haul industry working with Modular trailers, Goosenecks, tractions gears, loading platforms, drop decks, bolsters, high girder bridges etc. (5 years)
- Experience installing, supporting, and maintaining multi-disciplinary equipment mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, PLC, sensors, and hydraulics.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Able to work varied overtime, as required by customer. Available for “on call” and be able to travel and work domestically and internationally
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: Associate Degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training
- Residence: Greater Miami, FL area (relocation assistance available); would consider remote for right candidate
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Project management experience
- Education: Bachelor of Engineering or engineering related discipline
- Experience on Goldhofer equipment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to multi-task while completing work competently and professionally
- Demonstrate initiative to maintain productivity
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online