Technical Accounting Manager - Atlanta, GA
The Technical Accounting Manager will help to ensure the Company's books and records are in compliance with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. GAAP reporting requirements. Provides technical accounting guidance to the Company's senior financial management and business operations on complex business transactions.
- Assist Business Operations and Corporate Financial Reporting in addressing complex technical accounting issues. Prepares written communication of the Company's position on certain complex accounting issues for the Company's files and the internal and external auditors.
- Implement new accounting standards and participate in the establishment and documentation of internal accounting policies and procedures including:
- Review of contracts for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Review of leases and assist with the implementation of ASC 842
- Act as liaison to other finance groups on accounting matters.
- Corporate Global Strategy and Development regarding acquisitions/divestitures.
- Corporate Internal and External Audit regarding audit findings.
- Corporate Tax on accounting for income taxes.
- Assist Corporate Financial Reporting with monthly/quarterly/annual internal and external financial reporting requirements (including the accounting treatment for unusual transactions, selected footnote data, etc.). Prepares various supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Informs management about the activities of accounting's rulemaking bodies including the FASB and SEC.
Click here to apply online
- 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience or a combination of public accounting and relative private corporate accounting experience.
- Experience in researching technical US GAAP guidance and documenting and communicating conclusions with senior management and/or auditors.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus. Experience with People Soft a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP