Team Leader Treatments
Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for Treatments Team Leader.
- Full time, Perm contract
- Average 42 hours per week - 24/7 shift pattern
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Team Leader will apply SQDCP to their daily roles and responsibilities, ensuring the safety of the staff and plant is paramount. They will execute the production plan efficiently whilst ensuring Magellan Aerospace quality policies and processes are maintained, escalating issues were necessary to the shift manager and developing plans and strategies to overcome these obstacles. Be a mentor to their team, lead by example promoting a positive can do attitude. Enable the team by insuring they have the correct resources and training made available, identify training gaps and single point failures and develop plans to address these.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ensure safe working Practices & Environment are maintained and compliance to site HSE standards for self, team reports and visitors
- Will complete and authorise risk assessments, COSHH assessments and manual handling assessments, in alignment with Magellan Aerospace standards.
- Will ensure all team reports are trained and competent in Magellan Aerospace H&S systems of work, trained to the relevant risk assessments, COSHH, and manual handling.
- Responsible for completing all accident investigations, CAR Reports and Near Miss Reports in a timely manner, and ensuring the relevant action plan is documented and completed.
- Responsible for following the Magellan Aerospace quality system ensuring all standards, processes and SOP’s are maintained at all times by self and team reports.
- Will participate and support Quality Manufacturing with the MRB process ensuring actions are completed in a timely manner, and that the correct documentation is completed.
- Follow the correct process flow for non-conforming parts and that these are identified through the NCR system.
- Required to use problem solving tools such as 5Y and 8D to establish RCA, ensure cause of failure is corrected and maintainable.
- Responsible for execution of the production plan in line with MOS requirements.
- Responsible for escalating and reporting all blockers to the production plan, and where necessary developing a plan to fast track parts with the support of the shift manager.
- Responsible for reporting and presenting production KPI’s, running the Level 1/2 SQDCP meetings. Reporting escalations to the shift manager and executing robust action plans to resolve those at Level 1.
- Ensure the standard work document, process confirmation checks, and PPM’s are completed daily, and any issues escalated to the shift manager.
- Ensure sufficient resource with the correct skills is in place to execute the production plan.
- Drive reductions in rework costs through performance management of their team and process improvement.
- Use of 6S tools such as Kaizen to drive shop floor improvements and implement cost saving exercises.
- Responsible for an area of a facility and the processes within that area to ensure compliance to all targets associated with Safety, Cost, Quality and Delivery.
- Responsible for the completion of probation plans for new employees, liaising with the training department and shift manager to ensure a competent training plan is in place and reviewed.
- Completion of annual staff performance reviews in line with company procedures, setting of goals and objectives.
- Complete and or review disciplinary investigations into failure to comply with procedures and process defined in Magellan Aerospace policies.
- Ensuring all employees are provided with correct PPE and that this is current and maintained to a high standard. Complete a plant/work area induction with all new employees.
- Responsible for local recruitment ensuring resource against headcount budget is maintained, regular review of team skill set with shift manager.
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science grade C or above
- Educated to A-level standard ideally in a relevant discipline
- ILM Level 3 in management or equivalent desirable but not essential
- 2 years’ Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with large teams
- 2 years Aerospace experience ideally
- Experience in working with engineering drawings
- Pass internal numeric and literacy tests
- Ability and confidence to deliver presentations to employees and management team
- Good standard of IT skills to include power point, excel and word
- Good understanding of ERP systems
- Root cause corrective actions
- Methodical and structured approach to tasks
Other skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes:
- Able to handle conflict in a professional manner
- Can work on their own initiative
- Will make decisions based on the facts available
- Have a proactive can do attitude
- Ability to clearly communicate to a range of employees
- Have good investigation skills
- Integrity – strength of character to stand by decisions and to not be adversely influenced or coerced into taking action which may compromise quality or safety of themselves or others
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!