Here's your chance to really make a difference, both in your career and in the lives of millions.
Almost all clinical trials fall behind schedule, leaving patients unable to access the most promising treatments and pharmaceutical and biotech companies unable to quickly carry their innovations to market.
The Patient Recruitment team provides phone-based screening and is central to the process of matching patients to clinical trials. The Team Leader will manage day to day operations of the recruiters which include being a point person for medical inquiries regarding studies, providing coaching, training, and oversee their ability to screen patients effectively.Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
- Motivate a team of experienced medical professionals, who screen 2000 patients per day
- Build and grow a team through outcome-based coaching, development and encouragement in order to drive a high-performance culture
- Oversee change management and ensuring successful process roll out, with continuous improvement in mind
- Shape the direction of the team, keeping them focused and motivated to deliver the right results in a rapidly growing business
- Maintain awareness of individual study criteria to ensure recruiters are screening calls accurately and study-specific goals are being met
- Identify specific training requirements based on the ongoing review of performance and quality feedback
- Organise and facilitating onboarding to new employees once they have passed the incubation phase as well as providing ongoing training to more tenured staff to ensure targets and requirements are met
- Assist in the facilitation of daily study-related training and ensuring that staff understand study criteria
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that employees are meeting necessary quality standards
- 3 or more years' experience in a leadership role
- Medical Degree or Diploma or a minimum of 5 years' work experience in a medical, paramedic or medical research role
- Experience working in a medical related contact centre (advantage)
- Excellent coaching and development skills
- Ability to demonstrate positive and professional leadership behaviour to drive employee engagement
- Attendance and punctuality with the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively with excellent time management
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in the English language with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- 3pm – Midnight (4pm – 1am during daylight savings months)
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201817 subject heading or email body.
- Performance bonuses
- Transportation at end of shift
- Medical aid
- Pension plan
- Company stock options
- Casual office
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.