Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for Team Leader.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 37 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The job holder will be responsible for leading a team to achieve daily targets set out by their line manager. They will be responsible for the day to day activity of the operatives in their team / plant, ensuring all procedures, policies and deadlines are adhered to. They will be responsible for communicating between departments, employees and to senior management.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
- Ensure a safe working environment & Practices are maintained and compliance to site HSE standards for self, subordinates and visitors
- Will complete, update and participate in health & safety assessments such as Risk, COSHH and manual handling
- Will ensure quality standards and procedures are met and adhered to at all time.
- Will participate and lead where required MRB, quality audits (internal and external), A3 and 8D investigations
- Responsible for the execution of the production plan in line with MOS policies and SOP’s relevant to the area
- Responsible for the up-keep of internal KPI measures such as SQDCP, output, DAWC and arrears to the production plan
- Responsible for the scheduling of parts through the machine/ process line in accordance to the MOS policies/ SOP’s
- Action return to work interviews within 24 hours of the employees return, Monitor all absences and communicate with line manager or HR.
- Participate and complete where necessary CAR report, accident reports and near miss reports
- Manage and update TAKT boards, cell boards and PPM boards with operator and supervisor
- Complete daily process confirmation checks and document completion of tasks using the standard work document
- Liaise with other departments to ensure successful running of the overall plant To be involved in resolving of process problems in conjunction with the Quality department and or escalation to Line Manger as required
- Analyse KPI data and make informed decisions to get the desired outcome
- Conduct performance appraisal reviews in line with company procedures
- Identify training needs of their team and organise appropriate training using the level 4 system
- Escalate all issues in the appropriate manner to line manager
- Ensure new employees receive team /plant induction and receive their PPE
- Ensure all employees are treated with respect in a fair and consistent manner.
- Escalate& inform line manager of any employee relation concerns / issues which unable to handle.
- Provide or ensure training of new operatives on processes & H&S
- Perform visual inspection of work area to derive a 6S score daily and ensure the work area is maintained to 6S standards
- Ensuring products are processed in accordance to customer specification and good HSE standards
5 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science
ILM level 3 in management or equivalent not essential
1 to 2 years’ team leader experience in a manufacturing environment
1 years Aerospace experience ideally
- Ability and confidence to deliver presentations to employees and management team
- Good standard of IT skills to include power point, excel and word
- Good understanding of EFAC’s systems
- Ability to identify root cause
- Methodical and structured approach to tasks
- Ability to understands engineering drawings or visual aids
- Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes: Able to handle conflict in a professional manner
- Can work on their own initiative
- Will make decisions based on the facts available
- Have a proactive can do attitude
- Ability to clearly communicate to a range of employees
- Have good investigation skills
- Integrity – strength of character to stand by decisions and to not be adversely influenced or coerced into taking action which may compromise quality or safety of themselves or others
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!