ASSEMBLY CONTROLS ENGINEER - www.nafor.com/stak
OVERVIEW: Invent solutions all-day long. In this exciting role at STAK Industries, an entrepreneurial and forward thinking Company, you will lead the team designing the electrical interfaces between humans, machines, and robots.
DESCRIPTION: Join us and play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining the electrical control systems that govern the operation of various machines and processes in automotive production lines. This role is essential for ensuring efficiency, precision, and safety in the manufacturing process.
- System Design: Design control systems for machines used in the production line. This includes specifying hardware components, such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs), sensors, actuators, and other devices.
- Programming and Coding: Write and debug the software code that controls the behavior of the machines. Use programming languages such as ladder logic or structured text to create control programs for PLCs and other controllers.
- Integration: Ensure seamless integration of control systems with various machines and components on the production line. This involves connecting electrical interfaces, establishing communication protocols, and ensuring interoperability between different devices.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: Diagnose and fix any issues related to the control systems. Regular maintenance and troubleshooting are critical to minimizing downtime and ensuring the continuous operation of the production line.
- Safety Systems: Implement safety features within the control systems to protect both the workers and the machinery. This may include emergency stop systems, safety interlocks, and other safety measures to comply with industry regulations.
- Optimization: Optimize the performance of the production line by fine-tuning control algorithms, adjusting parameters, and implementing improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce waste.
- Documentation: Create and maintain documentation for the control systems, including wiring diagrams, schematics, and programming manuals. This documentation is essential for troubleshooting, maintenance, and future upgrades.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams to ensure a holistic approach to the design and implementation of the entire production line.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, control systems engineering, mechatronics, or a related field is preferred.
- Degrees in automation or industrial engineering will also be considered.
- Relevant and demonstrated “real world” equivalent experience will also be well considered.
- Proficient in programming languages commonly used in industrial automation, such as ladder logic, structured text, or C/C++.
- Experience in PLC programming and a strong understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Familiarity with Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, circuits, and components.
- Practical experience in industrial automation, controls engineering, or a related field, gained through internships, co-op programs, or entry-level positions.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining control systems for manufacturing processes, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues and optimize control systems.
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and production personnel.
- Relevant certifications in PLC programming, HMI/SCADA systems, or other automation technologies (e.g., Rockwell Automation, Siemens, TOYOPUC, OMRON, ISA, CAP, CSIA, CAT etc.).
- Demonstrated commitment to staying updated on the latest technologies and industry trends through workshops, conferences, or advanced degrees.
- Awareness of safety regulations and standards relevant to industrial automation and control systems, particularly in the automotive industry.
Attention to Detail:
- Precision and attention to detail in designing and implementing control systems.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and methodologies as automation systems evolve.
Our budget is approximately $100,000 to $150,000 per year. We are happy to pay well for specific expertise. That being said, this role is not only about the money, it is about the freedom to work in a great environment doing what you enjoy. If you are happy and the clients are happy (then we are happy) and money will take care of itself.ABOUT STAK INDUSTRIES:
STAK has grown from a tool reseller of choice to assembly engineering experts. STAK Industries enjoys a wealth of experience in numerous facets of all tiers of the motor vehicle industry. Leveraging this diverse knowledge base, STAK Industries develops best practices for threaded fastening and material handling solutions, including application engineering, equipment commissioning, product launch, project management and life cycle management. STAK Industries built its reputation on being a trust worthy supplier willing to do what it takes to ensure its customers are satisfied. Clients include, Toyota, Ford, Honda and many others. APPLY
- Please apply at www.nafor.com/STAK
or use the link below.
Posted By: Jeff Richmond firstname.lastname@example.org 416-238-6400STAK embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.Click here to apply online