Our client in Toronto is looking for a Team Lead, Web Development to support and build web applications.
Role Overview: Reporting to the Manager, this position will be part of an agile development team, taking part in web initiatives from conception to post-production. The position calls for someone who is passionate about leading software teams and is comfortable providing technical guidance with no direct coding. Managing the tactical execution of an established roadmap is a key aspect of the mandate of the position. The team lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
- Supervising a team of 2-4 Full-Stack and UI/UX developers, and being accountable for project delivery for customer-facing systems.
- Lead a team of developers, working closely with Designers and Quality Assurance Analysts in collaboration with Design and Quality Assurance Leads.
- Driving analysis sessions with scrum teams, and help define how a feature/story will be tested.
- Accountable for sprint planning activities. Defining sprint goals, and assessing team capacity based on sprint velocity.
- Ensuring sprint closing occurs. Assess carry-over items, and communicate risk to the overall roadmap timeline.
- Run sprint retrospective meetings. Manage action items, and ensure progress is being made on them.
- Collaborate broadly with product owners, solutions delivery team, and technology on removing blockers that stand in the way of delivering projects on time.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Prepare Key Performance Indicators and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Work closely with the Technology Operations team to build and execute deployment mechanisms using DevSecOps principles.
- 5-7 years of Full-Stack experience, along with experience in all stages of the software development life cycle including architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- 3+ years building ASP.NET MVC web applications using C#, Microsoft .NET 4.5+, Visual Studio 2019+
- 3+ years with core Microsoft .Net technologies including WCF, WPF, WF,LINQ and EF
- 5 years database design in SQL Server 2019+, SQL/T-SQL, database indexing, views, and stored procedures
- Experience with SOAP and REST API web services.
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
NICE TO HAVE:
- 2 years of experience in developing and deploying applications in a cloud environment such as Amazon AWS
- Experience in mobile app development on the iOS and Android platforms will be considered an asset.
- Experience with front-end UI/UX design preferred.
- Experience with automated and unit testing.
- Experience with version control software like Bitbucket and GIT
- 2 or more years of leadership experience
- 5-7 years experience developing object-oriented web applications (preferably in . NET).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Familiarity with project management and bug-tracking software such as JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.
- Familiarity with unit testing principles and unit testing tools
- Microsoft certifications are an asset