Manufacturing Team Lead
Location: Madison, IN, 47250
At our Madison facility, an exciting opportunity awaits for a Team Lead. This role is pivotal in managing operations within the production lines. The candidate should have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes, with a keen focus on safety and effective communication.
- Lead and supervise daily operational activities to align with divisional and product group's objectives.
- The Team Leader is responsible for setting up operations, troubleshooting any arising issues, and providing relief to all positions.
- Ensure all shift reports for the day are completed accurately.
- Utilize necessary tools such as micrometers, tape measures, scales, etc., with precision.
- Set up, operate lines, and make adjustments in line with quality specifications.
- Monitor tube formation and welding operations, ensuring consistent high quality.
- Promptly diagnose and resolve any operational issues.
- Aid operators to ensure minimal downtime.
- Demonstrate proficiency across various roles within the unit.
- Offer guidance and assistance to team members, promoting a culture of collaboration and efficiency.
- Safety remains paramount. Candidates should initiate, lead, and consistently uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
- Incumbents should be prepared to work under conditions that might expose them to elements like dust, grease, noise, heat, and cold.
- Flexibility in scheduling, open to working overtime, weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts.
- Experience leading a team with a focus on safety and strong communication skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including scheduled and unscheduled overtime, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in team building.
- Familiarity with EStelplan and overhead crane operations.
The role is an hourly position with a base rate of $20.03 per hour. On top of the base rate, there's an average hourly bonus of 80%, which significantly boosts the total compensation.
Career Progression & Benefits:
- Potential to transition into the maintenance department.
- This role serves as the right-hand man to the Shift Supervisor, overseeing mills and the welding team.
- After a commitment of 2 years at this location, there's an opportunity to transfer to any other branch within the company.
- After six months, employees receive one week off, and in January after the first year, they're entitled to three weeks off.
- Submit application.
- Initial phone screening.
- First in-person interview.
- Second in-person interview.
- Employee health insurance at $24/week.
- Spouse coverage available at $31/week.
- Child coverage at $22/week.
- Life insurance equal to 4x the employee's salary.
- Vision coverage.
- Profit-sharing every March, based on the company's profitability.
Average Total Compensation with incentives ranges from $85k - $95kClick here to apply online