Team Lead - Area Asset Engineering
Recruitment Partners is currently seeking a Area Asset Engineering Team Lead for our oil & gas client, intended to lead the engineering resources and support the Grande Prairie Asset team. The successful candidate will be located at the Gas Plant (located near Grande Prairie, AB). The successful candidate will be an integral part of the site management team with accountability for managing engineering resources (including contractors) to support safe and efficient operation of the facilities and pipelines. The individual will lead a multi-discipline team and will be expected to work with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Day to day administration and career management for engineering team members
- Manage and report team workload, engage with supervisor and stakeholders on prioritization and resourcing
- Administrative timesheet, vacation, expense, training management
- Work with direct reports on career advancement, development and performance.
- Manage the execution of engineering work within the asset.
- Manage, prioritize, distribute and report workload of engineering team
- Review and sign off of engineering designs, calculations and reports prepared by team members.
- Drawing review and feedback
- Be an active team member of the G&P Asset Engineering team:
- Attend and participate in quarterly engineering meetings and annual Technical forum
- Communicate and share lessons learned and knowledge within the G&P engineering group
- Support incorporation of Corporate Initiatives at the Gas Plant assets as needed:
- Drawing Sustainability and Redlining procedures.
- NOx emissions compliance
- GHG reporting and reduction
- Operational Excellence
Member of the Plant Leadership team
- Evaluate and monitor engineering workload, ensure adequate and appropriate internal and external resources are delegated for the workload.
- Be an active member of plant leadership team to support facility direction, priorities and improvements
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are outlined for individuals on the engineering team
- Contribute to development and approval of engineering and Opex budget
- Support Business Development with advice on projects regarding the asset.
- Attend and contribute to asset team and facility management meetings
Engineering Working Team Lead
- Complete engineering work as needed – project management, design development, MOC ownership, turnaround support, professional authentication
- Engage in plant operation, monitoring and performance - work with engineering and operations on plant performance. Provide experienced feedback
- Stamp and take responsibility for work executed by EIT’s.
Activity Common with All in Asset Engineering Group
- Hold in regard the health and safety of employees and public in execution and development of work
- Seek personal development, training and improvement.
- Seek to achieve healthy work life balance
- Engineering degree from accredited university and registered as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
- Fifteen (15) plus years experience in sour gas production and processing operations and/or facilities design
- Broad skills across all engineering disciplines with technical focus on mechanical or process engineering
- Proven track record in applying process safety management fundamentals
- Proven track record in leading a multi-disciplined team in developing solutions to achieve business goals
- Skilled in management of change processes and procedures
- Skilled at work scope definition and prioritization
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and decision making skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Esmond Desilva
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!