Responsible for the income tax compliance and financial statement reporting and disclosure of tax accruals in accordance with IFRS for the U.S. and Canada.
- Manage the income tax compliance function for Canada and the US including timely filing of estimated tax payments and tax returns.
- Manage the preparation and recording of the U.S. and Canadian income tax provision including financial statement reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Enhance the development and documentation of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404.
- Assists in the implementation of tax credit opportunities related to expansion projects at the plant locations.
- Manage audit reviews by federal and state tax authorities for income and franchise taxes.
- Oversee preparation of annual tax documentation of transfer prices and advises business units on transfer pricing policies.
- Research complex income and commodity tax issues and develops recommendations. Assists in merger and acquisition activities including tax and financing structures, tax due diligence, tax inputs on valuation model and purchase and sale agreements
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions and honors personal commitments
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Skill in project management, time management, and resource management
- Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand relationships among subcomponents
- Ability to use research methods effectively, including data collection, diagnostic, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask daily processes/projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation. Advanced degree strongly preferred
- CPA certificate strongly preferred
- 4-8 years corporate tax experience or large public accounting experience
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Physical Demands– Continuously sitting for prolonged periods, as the job is administrative in nature.
- Visual/Sensory – This position requires attention to detail, requiring attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment – Work and environment fasted paced, requiring ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Mental Stress – There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, project management, accuracy or similar demands.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.