Our Client is an Ottawa-based accounting firm that provides exceptional service for individual and corporate clients in all areas of accounting, audit, tax, finance, management consulting and financial planning. Offering an intimate environment where their employees can make an impact, they seek to add a Tax Manager to their team.
As Tax Manager, you will work closely with other members of our team on managing the tax compliance needs of our clients and overseeing complex tax returns and tax provision engagements. You will supervise and mentor staff, including reviewing tax files to ensure our standards of quality and accuracy are met and advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues. You will conduct and document tax research and lead tax engagement teams to serve clients' tax needs. You will enhance your technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions and apply them to complex situations relevant to our clients. You will use your experience to identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services and contribute to thought leadership materials. Additional responsibilities include;
- Prepare tax memorandums
- Interpret and apply tax legislation
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with sound project management principles
- Maintain and develop meaningful relationships with assigned clients
- Participate on committees in developing and implementing firm management policies and professional standards
- Provide value-added consulting solutions to our clients on current business and financial matters
- Conduct pre-engagement work planning with the engagement team
- Conduct internal and external presentations and training related to area of expertise
- Coach staff members and conduct performance evaluations.
The Ideal Candidate is an experienced CPA who desires to work with entrepreneurial businesses with a minimum of five years’ experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm. They will genuinely enjoy public accounting and being a lead member of an engagement team. They will have demonstrated skills in working well in a team environment and can establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues. The Candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be committed to continuous learning.
What will make you stand out:
- Work hard and smart, especially during the busy season, to meet client demands
- Passion and enthusiasm to work in public accounting
- Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
If you are ready for the next step up in your career, love working within the accounting firm environment and looking to be part of a management team...this organization is calling your name. Come to a team where your voice will be heard, relocation is an option and remote work is negotiable. Must be legal to work in Canada and be within the EST. Contact us at email@example.com