US Tax Director
Location: Long Island, NY or virtual work-from-home
Salary: $155,000 - $180,000
Base Salary: $135,000 - $155,000
Bonus target: 15% (has paid at or above target last 5 years and the company performance portion of the formula has always been at or above 100% of target in all of the last 5 years).
This is an opportunity to join a highly profitable, and growing, publicly traded company. This position will report to the head of tax and is a replacement for the prior director who left after over 20 years with the company. Highlights include:
- The company is located on Long Island, NY however this position can be either partially in the office or even potentially 100% remote or work-from-home. If fully remote the Tax Director and Tax VP would alternate traveling every quarter to possibly once a month to meet with one another at each other's location, or at one of the company's various offices in a number of major cities across the country.
- You will get to see everything:
- Supervise tax senior responsible for providing date to the outsourced compliance provider
- Compliance is outsourced however you will supervise the outsourced engagements. Federal is prepared by one firm, local country returns in many foreign countries are prepared by different CPA firms.
- Tax accounting, provision and ASC 740
- Assist the VP on transfer pricing projects
- Perform tax planning projects including transfer pricing, structuring of acquisitions and transactions, and projects modeling and lowering the ETR.
- Involvement in any audit defense / controversy issues, although this has not historically been a large part of the work.
- Some international tax work, although the US accounts for the majority of the company's revenue so the largest percentage of the department's tax issues are domestic.
- Apply then contact Rick Kelo at TaxScout.com, or (312) 344-3003.