Tax Director - Corporate
Our growing client has an immediate need for a Tax Director to bring the tax function in house and hire staff.
The Tax Director will lead and direct all tax functions within the corporation participating as a full business partner in driving value to the benefit of internal and external stakeholders.
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes. Manges tax provision process and provides Corporate Accounting and Internal Audit departments with tax accounting details and information for financial forecasts, year-end closing, and disclosure purposes. Improves processes by developing and implementing best practices.
- Income Tax Compliance. Directs tax compliance activities throughout the corporation to meet all federal, state, and local tax laws, and tax filling due dates. Work with third-party firms to prepare tax returns and with tax authorities to ensure compliance with regulators.
- Tax Planning. Makes recommendations on short and long-term tax planning initiatives to place the company in the most efficient tax position.
- Tax Representative. Represents the company on tax matters and interfaces with internal and external auditors, tax authorities, legal counsel, etc.; defends filing positions and negotiates to resolution all federal, state and municipal audit issues and liabilities ranging from standard inquiries to desk audits and on-site examinations.
- Tax Internal Controls. Serves as the responsible party for tax internal controls under SOX 404 (Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002) including internal control testing, remediation, documentation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Tax Strategy. Actively participates in due diligence and other activities associated with acquisitions, liquidations, corporate structuring, stock offerings and debt restructuring to create the most effective tax position for the company.
- Tax Advice. Provides tax advice to corporate departments and business units, assists business units resolving tax-related questions and issues preparing tax reporting packages (i.e., depreciation, R&D, etc.)
- Sales and Use Tax Compliance. Review monthly use tax calculations from tax software, prepare monthly sales and use tax returns, proactively manage monthly sales, and use tax return compliance and procurement to ensure the correct tax is paid to appropriate jurisdictions
- Business Personal Property Reporting. Prepare all business personal property tax reports and coordinate with the engineering department on proper treatment for large projects. and with the legal department for appeals assessments when appropriate.
- Tax Incentives. Work with outside counsel to obtain income and non-income tax incentives. Coordinate with operations to identify areas for application. File exemption request for vendors to obtain abatement benefits. File project status reports with local counites on tax incentive projects.
- Unclaimed Property. Identify unclaimed property held by Company, prepare due diligence letters and appropriate state unclaimed property reports.
- Intercompany Debt. Calculate intercompany debt expense between subsidiaries. Identify appropriate timing of dividend distributions and equity transfers of subsidiaries.
- Investor Compliance. Monitor investor stock transactions to ensure compliance with Charter restriction. Contact investors as needed to confirm compliance. Work with outside counsel to ensure compliance.
- Degree in Accounting
- Masters in Tax
- CPA - must be ACTIVE
- 10 years or more of progressive tax experience in corporate or a mix of public and corporate tax
- Tax Strategy experience (acquisitions, liquidations, stock offerings, debt) a must
Our client offers a salary of $140k - $190k DOE plus a bonus up to 40% and excellent benefits.
To apply, send your resume to William Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online