The Tax Accountant reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is based out of the Austell, GA headquarters.
This positions primary responsibilities are the following:
- Collaborate with the Company’s external tax accountants to perform the following:
- Support outsourced tax preparation work.
- Assist external tax consultant prepare tax provisions schedules, returns, payments, reports, other necessary paperwork, and maintain the Company’s tax database.
- Work with external tax consultants to accurately prepare quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Help ensure the Company complies with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Identify legal tax savings and recommend ways to improve profits and advise management about the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws.
- Keep up-to-date with tax changes and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities, participating in professional organizations, keeping up with professional networks and reading professional publications.
- Support the CFO, Corporate Controller, and external tax consultants in the case of any audits.
- Help the Company maintain an updated sales and use tax tracking and reporting database (Avalara).
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess an inner compass that gives them confidence that their decisions are right.
- Has the ability to look at an issue with an objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment and develop new strategies
- Able to express ideas or information to individuals or groups considering the audience and the nature of the information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to scrutinize and break down facts and thoughts into their strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates effective use of information and gathering techniques, analyzing situations, and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions
- Has ability to visualize links between seemly disparate attributes or events a
- Ability to visualize the total process and aid in locating problem
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual’s disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tax Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a tax accountant or similar role.
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting software.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Avalara AvaTax preferred.
Click here to apply online