Tax Accountant - Hybrid Role Sales/Income/Property
TAX ACCOUNTANT - Atlanta - Hybrid Role - (Sales& Use Tax / Property Tax / Corporate Income Tax Accountant)
Salary - $50-65k
Salary - $50-65k
1. Prepare and file monthly Sales Tax returns for hospital entities, and prepare and file annual Personal Property Tax returns for taxable entities. Maintain related workpapers and records, including fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
2. Assist with the annual audit of the PHC system. Work with outside auditors and Corporate Finance team to prepare the annual Tax Provisions for taxable entities and assist with other audit-related tasks as needed.
3. Assist with the preparation of Forms 1120 (3) and Forms 990 (9). Work with Tax Director and outside tax advisors to produce necessary workpapers and documentation.
4. Assist with tasks necessary to maintain compliance with Tax Exempt Bond Financing, Excise Tax, Foreign Bank Accounts, and other requirements.
5. Assist with responding to notices from Federal, State, and Local taxing authorities, and work with Accounts Payable and Tax Director to maintain tax exemptions.
6. Maintain key relationships with Corporate Finance staff and management. Work collaboratively with Entity Finance and other functions throughout the system to ensure integration and alignment with policies, procedures, and strategies.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, or business related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of work experience in a Tax Accounting role. Must possess an understanding of the role of a Tax Department within a centralized Accounting function, as well as across the Healthcare System as a whole.
Master’s degree of Accountancy or Taxation preferred; Experience with OneSource and/or GoSystems tax software; CPA or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam.
Click here to apply online