Position: Tax Senior Associate
Duration: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
The Tax Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The Tax Senior Associate is primarily responsible for reviewing complex individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S corporate, C Corporate, and foreign tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Previous tax return review experience.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Fast-Tax software, and CCH.
- Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; experience in public accounting.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
NICE TO HAVE:
- CPA preferred.
- Previous partnership tax return review experience in public accounting is a plus.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Great culture and team. Bigger, more sophisticated clients Work-life balance This is one of the fastest growing areas in the region. High demand. Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement