Magellan Aerospace is looking for a Talent and Organizational Development Manager to join our corporate team. The successful incumbent will play a key role in overseeing the development and implementation of programs in the areas of leadership development and succession planning. This role looks at developing a holistic approach on talent and organizational development and execute the plan to source, develop, manage, engage and retain top talent. Activities range from managing and developing employee communications channels, employee recognition program, to driving our employee engagement surveys and business action plans.
The successful incumbent will take a lead role in managing all the brand, advertising, promotional and marketing campaign across Magellan Aerospace Career’s page, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms. The Talent and Organizational Development Manager will work in partnership with internal talent and recruitment teams to create and develop the employee branding and employee value proposition (EVP) programs, thus playing a key role in supporting and promoting Magellan Aerospace culture and values through the organization.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
- Oversee the Employee Engagement Survey for 3,000+ teammates in over 19 sites in 7 countries from its design to execution, follow up and action plans and reporting to the Senior Leadership.
- Talent Management and Performance: Oversee development and implementation of frameworks and programs in the areas of leadership development, workforce and succession planning, organization development for salaried teammates. Provide advice to senior executives on people & change management strategies to facilitate strategic plan. Manage the Performance Management program and process. Responsible for the methodology to evaluate and document employee performance.
- Liaise with HR Managers to ensure the development and implementation of talent attraction, management, development and retention programs with each business unit. Develop and implement HR competencies framework to build up capabilities to support the business changes as needed. Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommend modifications as necessary.
- Provide leadership to the staff of the Talent Management unit which includes organization development, education and people succession planning. Ensure quality service in the provision of Talent Management related services to the corporation and business units.
- Manage formal coaching program/process for the development of leaders across the organization. Responsible for Organization Development to drive organizational change and improvement. This could result in planned interventions such as development of training for any level in the organization, employee/leader assessments and feedback, coaching, change management, intact team training/workshops, etc.
- Responsible for the development and potential enhancements to Leadership and Individual Contributor competencies which provide the foundation for training, performance management, succession planning, and staffing via Talent Review Process.
- Manage and champion all internal and external employee communication, including performing market research and analysing the company’s audience and its needs. Work with management to create and plan employment branding campaigns to enhance brand image and voice.
- Create executive content and messaging in the appropriate voice and tone that aligns to strategic initiatives, supporting executives. Responsible for delivering planned, consistent communications about the businesses vision and change programmes.
- Develop LinkedIn campaigns / email marketing and social media strategically, focusing on candidate lead generation to support the Talent Acquisition team to engage and win talents.
- Manage the employee engagement programme including engagement survey(s). Develop engaging content for the intranet, for the staff communication.
- Work with local HR/TA team to communicate our Employer Branding & Employer Value Proposition (EVP) both internally and externally.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or comparable equivalent.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in working with professional and leadership development, change management, or organizational design and development
- Understanding and e models in Human Capital Management and Organizational Behavior Theory.
- HR Designation, Human Capital and Talent Management system knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills that enable working creatively with complex and often ambiguous data from multiple sources
- Strong internal consulting and relationship building skills with all levels of employees up to, including executives.
- Excellent communication skills in business writing and in preparing and delivering presentations.
- Emotional and relationship intelligence are key assets.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!