Magellan Aerospace, New York is seeking a professional and enthusiastic individual to join our recruitment team and improve our presence in social media as we aspire to the next level of our global talent acquisition program. The person in this role will work as an integral part of the Global Recruitment Team, and will be responsible for supporting activities at every stage of the recruitment cycle, as well as acting as the key person responsible for Magellan's talent acquisition online presence.
Magellan’s Recruitment Specialist will play a key role in realizing our vision of a standardized global recruitment process across our US divisions. The person in this role will work as an integral part of the Global Recruitment Team, and will be responsible for supporting talent acquisition activities for 6 manufacturing facilities (2 in Long Island, 1 in Haverhill, MA, 2 in Glendale, AZ and 1 in Middletown, OH). Additionally, the successful candidate will provide functional and labour market expertise, working towards continuous improvement of Magellan’s recruitment processes and infrastructure.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Carry out full recruitment cycle campaigns for roles at all levels and departments within the organization (Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Finance, IT, HR, etc.).
- Collaborate with HR and hiring managers to understand strategic talent needs and identify each position’s requirements, while ensuring compliance with all local laws and regulations.
- Generate compelling job ads in the company ATS (PC Recruiter) and other web-boards, based on provided job descriptions and following template instructions.
- Shortlist and screen direct applications, assessing the candidate’s fit to the position and organizational requirements.
- Discover passive talent by identifying and reaching out to the best potential talent pools, while maintaining a network of potential candidates and industry professionals.
- Track recruitment activities and monitor progress, while maintaining a complete record of recruitment-related information in our Applicant Tracking System and other internal databases.
- Schedule interviews, assist hiring managers with interview preparation, and help conducting interviews (phone, video and/or in-person) when appropriate.
- Conduct employment references and other background checks on selected candidates and facilitate new employee onboarding process.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) super user: drafting and generating reports, minor configurations, database manipulations, etc.
- Super user of Indeed, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms.
- Maintain a positive social media presence to increase visibility and brand the company as an attractive employer of choice.
- Address employment inquiries, ensure the highest level of quality and customer service for candidate interaction, and strengthen the company’s public image and employer brand.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or a related field is an asset
- 2 years of previous experience in recruitment/talent sourcing
- Hands-on skills utilizing an Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Previous experience with active talent sourcing (finding and engaging passive candidates)
- Exposure to manufacturing recruitment is an asset but not a must
- Good administrative, time-management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and action multiple open positions simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (particularly business communications knowledge), as well as great customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Labor and Employment Law legislation in multiple countries.
- Ability to build and manage strong and lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment; as well as ability to work well independently.
- Focus on delivering a positive experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- A global mindset
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.