Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Welds metal components together with variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair/rework parts and assemblies.
Please note candidates must be able to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) and must be able to train on 1st shift (7am-3pm).
- Weld parts using both MIG and TIG in 0.016 - 0.063 range thickness.
- Setup and operate weld equipment.
- Perform repairs on parts or assemblies and final clean-up on completed assemblies.
- Operate CNC welders such as Panjerus Air/Rototab weld equipment.
- Assist Weld Engineer and establish weld schedules on all equipment.
- Setup and weld production parts per the required specifications.
- Check units with various precision measuring instrument to specifications.
- Perform a variety of sheet metal operations in finishing, aligning, repairing parts or assemblies with or without the aid of jigs or fixtures.
- Weld in various positions on parts or assemblies held by fixtures with or without chill bars.
- Basic housekeeping with the use of conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums) Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
- Technical skills and abilities: blueprint reading, use of precision measuring instruments, welding.
- Must be Weld Certified by Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. for welding Inconel and Ti Beta material and any other Certified Processes. AWS D17.1
- Must be able to weld in measurement ranges of 0.016 to 0.063 thousandths.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must pass Weld test and vision acuity exam.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)*
- Must be able to train on 1st shift (7am-3pm)*
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.