Location: Southern Ontario office-based position
TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR- AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is recruiting a full-time, office-based Technical Training Instructor- Agricultural Equipment. This bilingual position is based in an Ontario corporate office setting and will work for a leading brand in the agricultural and turf equipment industry, delivering technical training to dealers, company employees and customers across Canada in both official languages.
This role is an excellent fit for those with fluent bilingual (French/English) language skills, are excellent communicators, have a keen interest in adult education, and have mechanical aptitude with knowledge of and experience with agricultural equipment- or have a natural curiosity to learn more about it. Extensive onboarding and training are provided for you to become proficient with the products, and you will be mentored by more experienced instructors to reach your stride. If this sounds like you, and you would like to work with a market leader in the segment, please read more about this unique opportunity!
This Technical Training Instructor earns a base salary of $65,000-$85,000/year DOE, plus variable opportunity of 10-20%. Fully paid benefits, vacation, RSP match and more are included in the total package. Providing future career opportunities and professional development is a priority with this client. Relocation assistance may also be provided in some instances. If this sounds like the training role you have been looking for, don’t wait- apply today!
ABOUT GRASSLANDS RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS
We are a recruiting company that has been connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. With well over 80 years of combined experience in the industry, we provide specialized recruiting services for our clients. Our focus is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers. As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy. Our team is strategically placed throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the needs of national and international agribusiness employers. We take the time to understand individuals’ career aspirations, and then work to match them with our clients’ opportunities. We are not algorithms; we are people helping people!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a recognized global market leader in the equipment and machinery sector. Their promise to the world is that they will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain the world for generations to come. In this way, they will contribute to feeding billions of people and build vital infrastructure in villages, towns, and megacities. They live up to the legacy that their founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two hundred years ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all. This culture is one where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR- AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT
As a Technical Training Instructor, you will report to the National Training Manager and work alongside more senior instructors in developing and delivering agriculture and turf training programs to dealers, company employees and customers. Training programs include products, services and/or professional skills with heave emphasis on product features, applications, and product system technologies. Training programs are primarily delivered in-person at various sites and may also include distance and online learning. Key areas of influence include:
- collaborating with senior instructors to develop/adapt content and training materials and activities for classes
- constructing and maintaining training aids, simulators, and classroom exercises
- researching training topics to increase subject matter expertise
- utilizing your knowledge of training to promote training products, systems, and materials
- being responsible for classroom/training event administration and communicating results to management
- working with field managers and dealers to establish training needs
Regular travel (up to 50%) within Canada to dealerships and other training venues is part of the role, as is periodic travel to the US to meet business needs.
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY?
Ideal Technical Training Instructor candidates will offer:
- bilingual (French/English) language skills
- strong mechanical skills with relevant farm machinery knowledge and experience, or a strong interest in and ability to learn
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- effective writing skills
- strong communication and presentation skills
- knowledge of learning and development processes including instructional and presentation skills, needs assessments, adult learning theory and curriculum development
- previous experience or knowledge of dealer and other distribution channels
- marketing and/or product support experience
- an understanding of GPS Technology and its application in the agricultural field
- a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Agriculture or a related field, or equivalent related work experience
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?