Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a 12-month fixed term Systems Engineering (Entry Level or Intermediate) role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
We are looking for a high performing Entry Level or Intermediate Systems Engineering position to join our development team for a 12-month fixed term, at 40 hours per week. The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Systems Engineering role will assist the systems engineering group in ensuring that all customer program/project requirements are fulfilled. This position reports directly into the site Space Systems business unit lead.
- Assist senior-level engineering staff in requirements engineering, scheduling, reliability, system integration, test, verification and evaluation, and system maintainability.
- Assist in the translation of customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements.
- Assist in requirements allocation to systems architecture components.
- Assist in developing solutions based on analysis of requirements.
- Support development and execution of test plans for verification and acceptance of units/systems.
- Generation of system engineering metrics and baselines.
- Assist in reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives.
- Confidently and professionally represent the Company in the presence of our customer and suppliers.
- Successful completion of a university degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or related equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- The candidate shall be able to think and solve problems efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately is important.
- Eligibility for security clearance to “NATO Secret” level.
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with Engineering society.
- Familiarity with DOORs requirements software.
- Familiarity with Space systems is an asset, as are high reliability environments, and high product assurance (PA) environments.
- Familiarity with programming.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.