The Systems Engineer provides the network architecture, tier-two technical support and senior leadership for both company sites.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills, Experience working in MSP environment, Strong Knowledge of the following products: VMWare, Hyper V, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft On-Prem to cloud migrations, PowerShell, Cisco and networking skills are a strong plus.
- Onsite and Remote solutioning and troubleshooting of client’s network infrastructure including, but not limited to routers, switches, security devices, phone systems and workstations.
- Perform network and security assessments to identify strengths/weaknesses in terms of health and security internally and with clients. Ensure compliances and standards are met or exceeded
- Partner with internal employees to help maintain the safety and upkeep of internal IT needs by performing or overseeing the installation, maintenance and/or support of the corporate infrastructure.
- Serve as an escalation point/mentor/coach for other technical team members for advanced technical solutions
- Develop and assess annual review of client networks in order to identify any potential upgrades or improvements.
New Business Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with customer teams to assist with client architecture design and project estimating
- Assist Business Development team on technical services matters to craft sales strategy.
- Accompany, in person or virtually, the Business Development team on sales calls as necessary
General Role Expectations:
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure companies position in the competitive landscape.
- Stay current on new products that could be useful to company clients by getting hands-on experience via trials, demos and training. Serve as internal consultant for tool selection per situation, budget or solution.
- Assess, communicate and recommend action on active security threats to both internal network and customers.
- Demonstrate ‘Role Model’ level customer service including effective phone, in-person and virtual communication skills.
- Serve as an technical escalation point for team members that need assistance driving issues to resolution.