endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
A leading provider of metal based additive manufacturing technology, commonly referred to as 3D printers, utilizing selective laser melting powder bed fusion technology. Our 3D printers are designed to produce parts directly from a variety of metal powders. The customers for our metal based additive manufacturing systems come from various industries such as aerospace, energy, healthcare, and automotive.
The role of Systems Engineer requires a detail-oriented, customer-focused, and technology driven candidate who is cutting edge, believes additive changes the world of manufacturing and passionately lives the company culture. This crucial role provides support to customers to ensure full factory system integration leading to safe, productive and reliable metal additive manufacturing process. The successful candidate will foster strong customer relationships, a strong understanding of industry standards and requirements, and a passion for safe use and operation of additive manufacturing. This role requires strong, cross-functional collaboration across the organization and regions.
In addition, the System Engineer will:
- Become intimately knowledgeable with all design and engineering of the companies machines, including design intent for all mechanical, electrical and software aspects
- Lead all Americas specific industry standards requirements (i.e. NRTL, electrical and safety requirements) and coordinate the design requirements with the product management team
- Align closely with the HQ product management team to enable regionally successful product releases, strong understanding of design intent, and proper release of engineering changes in the Americas region
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the entire additive manufacturing process and be willing to support field service technicians and customers in all requirements for installations, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment and processes
- Develop the documentation and proper execution of all field change orders
This position requires approximately 10% travel, both domestic and international
The preferred location of this role is Detroit Metro in MI; open to remote office locations
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 3+ years design and build experience with industrial CNC equipment or similar multi-process manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge and experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, UG, or Pro/E, etc
- Knowledge and experience with industrial PLCs, PC based controls, and closed loop positioning systems
- Proven success in working with and influencing industry standards entities and governing bodies
- Passion and proven success in supporting customers
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills. The ability to excel at both high-level thinking and execution as well as influencing others to achieve common goals and commitments
- Proven track record of working with global teams
- Metal Additive Manufacturing industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; proven ability to work well in a matrix environment.
- Strong experience leading or managing projects of various size, duration, and scope and across geographies
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes:
- Diverse, global, growing organization with flat hierarchies in a trend-setting industry
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.