This role will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of HVAC products that meet or exceed best-in-class performance and reliability targets across multiple platforms and product families, as well as manufacturing support for existing products.
- Provide measurable contribution to several NPD projects and sustaining initiatives as well as manage projects throughout the complete product development cycle
- Support manufacturing, sales & marketing, quality and supply chain functions
- Interface with vendors, customers and field personnel
- Design, optimize and qualify HVAC systems employing advanced analytical methods and experimental techniques
- Ensure design quality, supporting your calculations and design proposals
- Manage product qualification and agency compliance test programs
- Conduct analytical studies employing state-of-the-art simulation tools
- Generate technical specifications, summary reports and standard work instructions
- Conduct presentations for engineering and business personnel
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required, with a preferred emphasis on HVAC system design and thermal sciences.
Experience: Minimum of 3+ year of relevant experience with HVAC system design and applications or equivalent.
Computer Skills: Experience in state-of-the-art simulation tools; familiarity with computer programming languages, EES and MatLab is a plus. Familiarity with the engineering level office productivity software.
Certificates & Licenses: None
Click here to apply online
- Knowledge of HVAC system design and applications
- Knowledge of new product development, design for 6 sigma and design for manufacturing and assembly
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and heat exchanger design
- Knowledge of industry standards and agency compliance
- Knowledge of air management & aeroacoustics and structural analysis
- Familiarity with advanced experimental techniques, instrumentation, calibration, measurement systems, uncertainty analysis, and DoE concepts
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods used in HVAC&R field; industrial experience is a plus but not required
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage risks, solve problems and achieve project objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Self-motivation, innovation drive, accountability and ownership