endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
System Engineer - Electric Drive Systems (EDS) and Power Electronics.
A global automotive and industrial supplier of motors and advanced driveline systems is seeking a Systems Engineer - Electric Drive Systems (EDS) to support our team. At over $14b in sales we are one of the dominant players in our industry. This position is located in our Motors Center of Excellence which also house a manufacturing plant. Our engineers get to follow their programs all the way from award to launch in the plant.
This position is responsible for the interface of the eMotor and power electronics and other electric drive systems designed in our Motor Center of Excellence in the Midwest. The Engineer will perform simulations and development of the system controls and strategy necessary to ensure a system meets both internal and customer expectations. This includes requirements management in coordination with the program manager, development and design engineers. The Engineer will be involved in motor control hardware and control algorithm design and simulation as well as perform characterization, tuning and calibration of e-machine systems on the dyno. It also includes analysis, simulation and verification of the electrical components as well as presenting these results. The Engineer will be responsible for specifying the motor parameters and requirements to achieve specific performance targets and through accurate modeling and simulation perform sizing and trade-off studies. Close cooperation with testing engineers is necessary to specify testing conditions, support testing and evaluate the results in regards to torque, power and temperature characteristics.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of electromagnetic physics and its application
- Experience of electric machines in academic or professional setting
- Understanding of various types of electric machines and their modeling
- Knowledge of e-motor controls and measurements
- Experience using Python C/C++ Matlab/Simulink
- Preferred experience with FEA modeling software such as Ansys Maxwell, JMAG or FLUX
- Understanding of power electronics hardware and motor control algorithms
- Experience in motor control implementation in DSP
- Knowledge of CAN communication
- Working level understanding of functional safety
- Basic understanding of hybrid drive concepts
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process
- Microsoft Office
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- 1 year experience or more.
- Communication ability (written & verbal)
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & driven to achieve results
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assertive approach to solving problems
- Ability to prioritize, make recommendations and present results
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.