SG2 Recruiting is a recruiting partner for the Decipher Technology Studios/Greymatter.io team looking for cleared and clearable systems architects. Greymatter builds infrastructure intelligence solutions for managing, governing, and operating customer enterprise software. They are multi-context, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology focusing on automation, solving complex challenges across multiple customers, and ensuring smooth and expedient services to users.
Greymatter supports substantial multi-cloud, hybrid, and Kubernetes workloads running large-scale cloud-native systems that communicate using our Grey Matter service mesh platform. Working at this scale gives our engineers the chance to develop their existing cloud skills to a whole new level of challenges, tools, and strategies.
Our team helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud. Our customers are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, security, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Some examples of the functionality you'll be working on will include proxy integrations, Envoy's xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented patterns. You'll actively contribute to the service mesh ecosystem, follow new developments in emerging technology, look for opportunities to differentiate our product from the competition, and rethink product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
- Architect and build distributed systems for service connectivity across heterogeneous environments (Kubernetes, VMs, bare metal or multi-cloud deployments)
- Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines
- Provide architecture patterns and system engineering to enable secure service to service communication
- Engage in discussions, meeting support, and briefings with key customer stakeholders
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of proving solutions, mentoring, and leading the teams
- Own and lead key enterprise technology initiatives and architecture vision and strategy across engineering teams and projects
- Develop and implement achievable roadmaps for implementation of cloud-native solutions that include usage of the Grey Matter platform
- Develop implementable architecture blueprints and playbooks that align with our customer enterprise needs
- Provide thought leadership to all of our teams and our customers on key industry and technology trends, staying current on new and emerging technologies
- Manage relationships, influencing ideas and proposals persuasively working through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions that benefit our people and customers.
- Ensure the assignment of authority and accountability for continuous improvement of our produced products, software and customer services.
- Possess a DoD Clearance, or be able to obtain one
- Able to white board with small and large groups going through technical architecture and flows focused on application, data, and network engineering
- Possess full span of knowledge of end-user computing, hosting, network, and software technologies
- Have previously written code in Go (preferable), Python, or Java
- Possess knowledge of:
- API and RESTful web services development experience, JSON, XML, YAML
- DevOps software delivery patterns
- Distributed systems and cloud architectures
- Other skills that are important:
- Experience with service mesh architecture
- Application protocols like gRPC, Kafka, HTTP/2, and NATS
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Similar Job Titles: Systems Architect, Computer Systems Architect, IS Architect, Information Systems Architect, Software Systems Architect