The Systems Analyst/Trader reports to the Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Financial Officer.
The Systems Analyst responsibilities ensure that client account information and account setup is both accurate and processed in an efficient manner. This knowledge is foundational to understanding how advisors help families execute asset allocation decisions.
The Trader responsibilities not only ensure the execution and settlement of trades, but also include helping advisors with proactive asset allocation analysis and cash management solutions. The long-term goal for this position is to become a primary Trader working directly with the advisors.
Specific responsibilities and details for this position include:
- Utilize Envestnet Tamarac for trading, reporting and workflow; the Systems Analyst will use
this software to help with opening and closing custodial accounts, processing account changes, new security definition and pricing, managing trade restrictions and trading group management
- Reconcile daily the Tamarac Order Management System to ensure that all data is accurate and current
- Monitor daily Tamarac CRM workflow and open request tasks; produce daily cash reports
- Utilize the custom models to assist advisors with monitoring and analysis of client adherence to
model allocations, cash reserves, and managed equity portfolios
- Execute trades for family portfolios or as part of the UMA platform
- Post-trade reconciliation of all transactions to ensure accurate execution and settlement of all trades
- Assist advisors with ad-hoc requests for information or other data
Additional Skills Required:
- High degree of systems and software orientation, particularly Excel
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with an analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidences and keep client information strictly confidential
- Positive, “can do” attitude daily; desire to be part of a high-functioning, supportive team atmosphere