The System Technician will be part of a team that has the responsibility of commissioning the machines we build for our customers up to a level of production readiness. This starts at assisting with the development of new technologies through production support, customer training and ending with final acceptance by the customer. Working under the Software Engineering Manager you will work closely with members of the Software and Development team assisting with the setup, and the debugging of machine operation. The System Technician will be working closely with the Mechanical and Electrical Integration teams and will be the hands-on project lead. In this role you will also be interacting with the Project Management and the Engineering teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check in of robots, manuals, and software.
• Loading robot software.
• Verification of options, mounting angles, servo parameters, mastering, setting to zero position for plumbing if required.
• Assist in the mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic integration of the robot into the assigned system.
• Set up of calibration or enhancement tools.
• Repeatability testing of all system motion groups including robots.
• Verify correct servo parameters are installed in robot.
• Perform functionality testing of proprietary process specific software (Jetware, Routerware, etc….).
• Perform required test cuts, submit test cut plaques to PM in 8.5” x 11” format.
• Part Programming.
• When systems are complete. Set the systems up to loop for shake down test.
• Support internal runoff and complete verification checklists.
• Complete robot controller backups and store on network.
• Perform installation and start up assistance on the customers’ floor.
• Complete programming requirements after installation.
• Conclude any open issues after installation, including technical support.
• Notify Project Manager when installation requirements completed
• Perform robot setup for process specific applications.
• Work within project defined schedule and budget estimates.
• Involvement in controls, programming, motion, communication systems, electrical design, vision systems and robotic integration.
• Special assigned projects as assigned by Software Manager.
• Represent Shape Process Automation in a professional and mature manner.
• Travel to commission and support systems at customer facilities for extended periods of time.
• Travel may range from 20% - 60% annually. Travel does vary per team member.
• Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Fanuc Robots.
• Programming and/or troubleshooting knowledge of Fanuc, ABB, Motoman robots.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience.
• General mechanical and electrical aptitude of automated systems.
• “Whatever it takes” type of attitude.
• Willingness to travel for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to travel internationally. Mainly within North America.
• Must have valid passport and driver’s license