endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Systems Engineer - RCS
We are an industry pioneer in cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
We have been awarded a program to develop a very sophisticated safety system for an OEM unlike anything current on the market and am looking for a talented individual to be in a key role on the project. The project is very high visibility as the platform is the leading selling vehicle for this OEM.
The ECU for this system is an 80-pin module with multiple different inputs which controls two dozen different safety components.
What you'll do:
Become a key member of an application design team for automotive restraint control and sensing (RC&S) ECUs
- Requirements Engineering Management
- Review customer requirements and negotiate agreements on technical system requirements
- Identify, develop, and review technical system, hardware and software requirements
- Allocate requirements to the appropriate functions according to the System Architecture Design
- Organize the requirements structure in an appropriate REM tool
- Manage requirement traceability
- System Architectural Design
- Define a system architecture consistent with the technical requirements
- Identify functions and elements required to achieve the use case(s)
- Formalize these through different SYSml diagrams, at different abstraction levels, from vehicle to component
- Capture the system architecture, both model and document-based
- Create a system FMEA to analyze the system
- Interact with product platform (advanced development) team(s) to understand internal architecture inputs/constraints and to leverage reuse
- Organizational Collaboration
- Work with system safety to develop safety concepts in order to achieve required functional safety
- Interact with product platform (advanced development) team(s) to understand internal architecture inputs/constraints and to leverage usage
What you'll bring:
- Minimum Bachelor's Science Degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant systems engineering experience in the electronics industry, automotive focus preferred
- Expertise in architecture modeling (Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, other) and requirements management tools (DOORS, codebeamer, other)
- System hardware and software knowledge through work experience
- Requirements writing proficiency through work experience
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.