System Analyst, AS400-IT
As a member of the Information Technology team, this role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing JDA’s MMS/AS400 and completing integration to and from the system. Analysts must be able to understand business communicated requirements and translate into accurate work estimates, functional and technical designs. System Analysts are often required to work outside standard hours to oversee upgrades or fixes, ensuring there is minimal interruption to business as usual. As a role critical to smooth operation and safe, secure computer systems, a System Analyst job description should include many of the duties and responsibilities below:
- Maintain and enhance JDA MMS merchandising system
- Develop integration data feeds to and from JDA MMS, Arthur Allocation and SFTP sites
- Design new integrations with MuleSoft, enterprise service bus
- Troubleshoot system and technical issues
- Risk mitigation planning
- Unit Testing, User Acceptance testing
- Bug fixing, debugging
- Production Support
- Collaborating with Business, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Creating system guidelines and documentation
- Conduct regular reviews of systems and recommend efficiencies and improvement areas
- Structure and prioritize business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- Critical thinking ability
- Strong problem-solving capacity
- Solutions-oriented approach to business challenges and enhancement requests
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- 7+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated iSeries skills with experience on at least 2 full product implementation cycles.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting iSeries applications, preferably JDA MMS.
- Two to three years minimum experience developing/maintaining applications in a retail environment
- Experience using JDA or other AS400 retail merchandise management software is strongly preferred.
- IT Science or Computer Science degree from a four-year college or university; or 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training within a retail environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record of getting things done within a fast paced, changing environment.