Systems Administrator III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Systems Administrator III will provide support to the Server Operations Team and their customer base.
• Provides advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems and environment.
• Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s data network, including configuration, performance and security.
• Works with the operations team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability.
• Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
• Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required.
• Provides timely and clear communications to the client and the other members of the technical team.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008-2019, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VMware, Linux, DNS, DHCP, antivirus/malware, and patch management technologies.
• Advanced understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
• Intermediate knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
• Strong understanding of Windows security best practices and strategies
• Effective both independently and as a member of a team
• Customer service and performance driven
• Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred
• 2 - 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure and Server support
• 2-5 years of end user support
• Relevant Certs: MCSE