Swing Driver Local CDL Class A
$50,000 - $60,000 average annual salary
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver’s License Class A Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Prattville, AL. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience. Routes typically have 1-10 stops per day; routes will vary day to day and can change at any time.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Swing Driver Local CDL Class A for our location in Prattville, AL.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Swing Driver Local CDL Class A
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Requirements of the Swing Driver Local CDL Class A
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A
Salary for this position is $16.50 - $17.50/hour, based on experience, with progression to $19.50/hour ($0.50 increase every 6-months for the first 2 years), plus monthly and quarterly safety/pallet incentives that can equate to $2-$3/hour. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed. Overtime after 40 hours per week, average 40-50 hours/week. Average annual salary $50,000 - $60,000/year. Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations; 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Swing Driver Local CDL Class A
Swing driver coverage for vacations, call-offs, etc.; start times and shifts vary depending on where needed; start times will range between 5pm-4am and can include work on Sundays through Fridays and Mondays through Saturdays; typically work 8-12 hours per day; work schedule will change as needed; must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work any days and times as needed.