East Bay, CA
If you have a passion for investigations and believe that integrity comes above all else, Probe is the home for you. We hire talented individuals from all walks of life and our teams are carefully crafted to ensure we are providing our clients with the best product in the industry. We work to ensure our employees are well trained and feel supported every day. We continuously strive to make certain our employees feel like they are part of our team and not an individual out on an island.
We are seeking a highly motivated full time investigator to join our Surveillance team in the East Bay area (Ideally be within a 40 mile radius). Desirable locations include Vallejo, Richmond, Concord, Pleasanton and Oakland.
Successful Surveillance Investigators come from a variety of backgrounds. Some have backgrounds ranging from security, investigative, law enforcement, process serving, etc. Others have come with no relatable experience and through motivation and determination, they have excelled in this line of work.
Surveillance Investigators will achieve on-the-job success by performing the following objectives:
- Conduct investigations of suspected fraudulent insurance claims. This requires strong work and personal ethics with the ability to make good decisions and use common sense. Our best investigators are self-motivated and team oriented, they have a great attitude and strong organizational skills.
- Covertly film any activity observed on various subjects for long hours (8-12 hours per day) in various weather conditions. This requires extensive driving and patience. There is no use of the AC or heater allowed during surveillance as nothing looks more suspicious than an idling car sitting on the street for hours at a time.
- Own a suitable & reliable vehicle. A suitable vehicle is one that is reliable and in which you can easily move from the front to the backseat. The back portion of your vehicle should have heavily tinted windows or curtains and you should be able to comfortably sit in the backseat for extended periods of time.
- Submit film and audio dictation electronically by assigned deadlines after the case is worked. The investigator will record any activity observed through an audio recorder and no report writing is necessary.
- Adhere to a flexible work schedule to include varied hours and days of work. Due to the nature of the business, investigators are unable to work a set schedule. Investigators typically work Tuesday through Saturday but their hours will vary. One day your start time might be 6 am at a case and an hour from your home and it will be a 12 hour day. Or you could start at 9 am at a location 15 minutes from your home and work a 6 hour day.
- Adapt and adjust to company and client requests. For each assignment, clients may make special requests, which requires significant adjustments to be made in how the investigation is conducted.
- Competent with today’s technology. Company equipment, including a tablet, camcorder, audio recorder, cell phone, etc. is provided to investigators upon hire. Probe provides all the equipment needed to be successful.
- Starting hourly rate ranges from $19-$25 per hour, depending on experience
- Probe offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, short term disability, FSA healthcare, FSA dependent care, EAP, paid time off (PTO) and matching 401(k) for full time employees
- Expense reimbursements including per diem and mileage
If you feel that this description is consistent with your skills and career goals, click APPLY below.
Once you have submitted your resume, you will immediately be directed to answer a brief questionnaire. A completed questionnaire is necessary to be considered for our position.
Due to the nature of this position, all applicants are required to show proof of eligibility to work in the US.
Why work for Probe?
We are passionate about providing the highest quality service to our clients and are incredibly proud of our 100% client retention rate. If you succeed in a fast-paced, quality-service oriented culture that promotes teamwork, innovation and accomplishment, then join Probe Information Services and be part of an amazing team in the exciting field of investigation, surveillance and anti-fraud services.
Probe is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If due to a disability you need an accommodation to use our online system to apply for a position at Probe, please call us at 800-397-6517.
Not sure if you can do the job?
If you haven’t done vehicular surveillance before, we suggest you take some time and give it a try. Drive to a friend’s neighborhood and set up for surveillance. Be sure to park somewhere they don’t notice your car but you can still see them. Try crawling into the backseat and watch for a few hours. Keep in mind, this position requires 100% of your focus, so no watching videos on your phone or playing solitaire – you must watch the house in case the “subject” comes out. If the individual leaves while you are watching, follow them to their destination. This will give you just a little taste of what our best Investigators LOVE to do day in and day out.
Probe Information Services, Inc. is a nationwide SIU and Investigations company that provides high-level anti-fraud and compliance services. We are a very stable company that is continuing to grow and expand our service territory. We have been providing our superior investigative services to insurance companies, third-party administrators, and self-insurers since 1992.
Probe is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at Probe, call us at 800-397-6517.