Includes, but not limited to: Surgical Technician; Surgical Technologist; Operating Room Technician
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
- Certification: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
- Experience: One year of experience as a Surgical Technician or Operating Room Technician after graduation.
Click here to apply online
- Perform the full spectrum of sterile techniques, setting up surgical trays, preparing and draping patients for surgery, and assisting with post-operative dressings.
- Ensure surgical packs are cleaned and packed for sterilization after every procedure, to include restocking surgical supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the patient either by active participation in the cleaning of clinical spaces, operating rooms, and medical equipment, or by guiding other personnel in the environmental maintenance.