Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Surgical Technologist for a great opportunity in the Tucson, AZ area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital and have 1 year of experience working as a surgical technologist.
Requirements of the Surgical Technologist
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Surgical Technologist Certification or Completion of a Surgical Technologist Program required
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1 year of experience working as a surgical technologist
Responsibilities of the Surgical Technologist
- Dispose of items such as needles and gauze, and continue to maintain the OR’s sterile environment until the patient is sent to the recovery ward
- Gathers all of the equipment and surgical tools that the surgery requires
- Promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Support the health care team.
- Ensure that life support equipment function properly.
- Observe patients vital signs.