Currently seeking a talented Lead Surgical Tech for a position in McMinnville, OR. The ideal candidate will possess a current CST license with experience working as a Surg Tech.
Requirements of the Surgical Technologist
- High school graduate or GED
- Graduate from an accredited education program for Surgical Technology Surgical Tech
- BCLS Required
- Certified as a Surgical Technologist
- 1 full year of experience working as a Surg Tech
- 1 year acute care hospital or surgery center experience required
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
- Pass a drug screen and background check
Responsibilities of the Surgical Technologist
- Assist in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the operating room.
- Responsible for assuring all equipment and instruments are operational.
- Arrange and inventory sterile set-up for surgery and passes items as needed to the operating team.
- Assist the surgical team during operative procedures.
- Inspect equipment to ensure integrity and safety.
- Keep accurate records.