Surgical Technologist (ST) - Certified
We are looking to recruit a Surgical Tech (ST) Certified to join our client's team. This location has all the appeal of a small-town vibe and lower cost of living and has access to all the offerings of metropolitan activities.
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, this position assists with surgical procedures under the guidance of surgeons, registered nurse(s), or additional O.R. personnel.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions.
- Highly organized
- Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to identify and calmly handle an inherently stressful situation with tact
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities.
- Performs scrub activities based on principles of aseptic technique, infection control, universal precautions guidelines, environmental control, and life safety guidelines: anticipates needs of patient and surgeon; demonstrates critical thinking skills and prioritize activities when performing the scrub role; under supervision of the RN, demonstrates the ability to prepare medications for procedures to be used by physicians; knows of routine drugs used intra-operatively, dosages, and/or concentration and appropriate route of administration
- Prepares and knows the specific uses of equipment, instrumentation, and supplies used for surgical procedures.
- Locates and operates equipment. Handles and operates equipment properly. Initiates service requests and reports to supervisor action taken when a malfunction of equipment occurs.
- Performs scrub role, without assistance by locating supplies, equipment, and instruments; prepares operating room utilizing preference cards to set up surgical instruments and equipment; independently prepares the sterile field for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for the intra-operative experience; differentiates and demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods required for instruments or equipment.
- Implements and maintains preference cards in an updated complete form utilizing automated process and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently.
- Identifies potential risks to patients identifies risks to patients to reduce the incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
Training & Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology
- Current Surgical Technician Certification with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required. Individuals hired prior to August 1, 2007, and who graduated from a program that was not recognized by the NBSTSA at the time of their graduation are exempt from the certification requirement.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous surgery experience in at least two (2) specialty areas* PREFERRED
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package, PTO, and eligibility to participate in the group 401(k) plan (subject to applicable waiting periods).
For Consideration, Please E-Mail Your Resume To:
Aaron Rodriguez, Recruiter
McCall & Lee
Main 512 444 6400 x92 Texas Office 214 618 5007 (Direct Dial) Mobile 512 940 5645