Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist - $3,000 Sign-on Bonus (1.0 FTE, Evenings) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
Providence Medford Medical Center is in the heart of the health care driven economy. A full-service, 168-bed, acute care, not-for-profit community hospital providing exceptional health care to southern Oregon and northern California. Our patient care spans the continuum to include emergency services, stroke care, cardiac and vascular care, birth center, total joint replacement and spine health programs, robotic surgery, pain management services and one of the most comprehensive rehabilitation programs in the region.
Providence Health System in Medford has an integrated network of primary care and specialty providers throughout the Rogue Valley. Our hospital is nestled in the magnificent Rogue Valley just 30 miles from the California border, Medford and nearby Ashland and Jacksonville form the southern gateway to the Pacific Northwest. http://www.travelmedford.org/
"surgical tech" CST " Operating Room Technician" "OR TECH"
In this position, you will:
- Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or Charge Nurse.
- Function as the “Scrub Technologist” in the surgical suite and other clinical areas.
- Select and set up sterile table with instruments, supplies and equipment; pass instruments to the Surgeon during the procedure; maintain sterile technique, and care for instruments following the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Qualified candidates must possess at least 1 of the following:
- Completion of a surgical technologist program accredited by a national accreditation organization -and- holds a current surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists, both approved by the Oregon Health Authority -or-
- Completion of a surgical technologist training program in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps with 16 hours of continuing education required every 2 years per state regulation -or-
- 2 years of current surgical technologist experience within a healthcare facility in the United States, or as an employee of an agency or institution of the federal government, in the time frame immediately preceding January 1, 2017 with 16 hours of continuing education required every 2 years per state regulation
New Graduate requirements:
- A recent graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program must obtain a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists that is approved by the Oregon Health Authority within 12 months of completion of a surgical technologist program
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.